The course is based on the Boy Scouts of America’s "Wilderness First Aid Curriculum and Doctrine Guidelines" and has been reviewed and/or supported by the American Camp Association, American Canoe Association, National Recreation and Park Association, and JCC Association. Wilderness and Remote First Aid also offers enhanced content and topics to meet OSHA’s Best Practices for Workplace First Aid Training Programs.
- Primary and Secondary Assessments
- Head (Brain), Neck and Spinal Injuries
- Heat-Related Emergencies and Hypothermia
- Altitude-Related Illnesses, Allergies and Anaphylaxis
- Bone and Joint Injuries and Burns
- Wounds and Wound Infection
- Splinting with available material
- Anticipated communication problems
****CPR certification is required prerequisite for this course.
This is a 20 hour course. The renewal course for Wilderness First Aid is for 12 hours.
Cost for the full program: $150/student (includes books and key chain CPR mask)
Cost for the renewal program: $75/student.
Please call the PPM office for more information at 410-838-8821.